- NEW_CS <method> <name>
- Create a new coordinate system. There are 4 methods that you can use to create a CS.
- NEW_CS 3P <name> <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <x3> <y3> <z3>
- NEW_CS XY <name> <x1> <y1> <z1>
- NEW_CS YZ <name> <x1> <y1> <z1>
- NEW_CS XZ <name> <x1> <y1> <z1>
- 3P (3 points), XY, XZ, YZ, YX, ZX or ZY
- CS name
- X value of point 1
- Y value of point 1
- Z value of point 1
Only 1 point is required for XY/XZ/YZ/YX/ZX/ZY.
For 3P you must provide 6 more values for the XYZ positions of the second and third points.
XY and YX will create a similar CS, but the horizontal and vertical axes will be swapped.
You would usually use XZ for mill parts and ZX for lathe parts.
Note: The YX, ZX and ZY options are only available in GibbsCAM version 11.2.3 and later.
- NEW_CS XY, "NewXY", 3, 6, -1.5
- This will create a new CS, parallel to the XY plane, with its origin at X 3, Y 6, Z -1.5
- For an example macro see Cs_List